Baby Life Vest


This has been a dream of my mom's for quite some time. Babies life vests are so bulky and difficult to work with. The neck is so tight they can't even move. They can't sit in them because they're not short enough in the body. The only thing they can do is lay flat on their back, and they hate that. My mom has wanted to design and make a baby life vest for over a year now. She recently had an adult's life vest that the padding was all messed up inside, so she decided to cut it down to size and re-make it into a size that would fit a baby. She cut it apart and it sat on the counter for about a week. She was so funny, she was like "I know what I want to do but I need someone to get me started and help me cut it out" lol :-) So I brought Jubilee over and used one of her onsies to compare size and use as sort of a guide. Once it was cut out, mom started sewing it together. We got her going in the right direction and she took it as far as putting in the zipper. She custom ordered a short, sport zipper and had it shipped immediately (she wanted this done by the weekend) :-) It came in on Friday morning, so there was time to put the zipper in!! Mom brought it over to me and I put the zipper in. It was slightly difficult, especially on the second side I put in. The Life Vest turned out really great! The only improvement I may make is a strap between the legs.


This little bitty thing was once a full size adult life vest!


My mom seam ripped the buckles and straps off and re-attached them on the smaller version


Back View








Jubilee liked it, and that's what was important :-)












In the Lake with Aunt Re


Jubilee and I

Isn't my mom creative? Makes ya wonder where I get it doesn't it? ;-)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Women's 'Ice Skater Suit'

Training Pants (tutorial)

Types of Swimwear Fabric