Enjoying the Day

I'm really enjoying this day. What is it that I'm doing today??? Nothing special really.. the laundry, sewing, caring for my girls at home, and that's all. But I'm allowed to just BE HOME today and that's really nice. I've been over at the new house working so much this past week that its great to just be home and have my normal routine. In fact if my husband's plan stays on track to move us tomorrow, then this is my last normal routine day at this house. I'm gonna miss it. I'm going to miss our little 1000sqft house. I'm going to miss my little sewing corner.. 


 Not that I won't have a new sewing spot.. I will.

Plenty of times in the past I've said this house was too small for all the stuff we have and now I'm going to miss the cozyness of it. I'm sure I'll be at one end of the new house and Jubilee will be at the other end of the house, getting into who knows what! At least there are lots of doors in the new house that I can close off certain areas. This past week I've been into cleaning, staining, painting, organizing, and juggling kids. My mom has had one or both kids on several days. Which has been a huge help. I wouldn't have been able to get my new room painted without her! Guess what color my room is! Its BLUE! :-) I'll have to take a picture soon!

I only have 4 pictures that I've taken/had taken in the new house so far.. I'm sure I could pull pictures from the listing but I don't have those right now. I was taking pictures of some of the work we were doing before moving in. And here they are... 


 Josh (my husband) changing the locks on the doors...And there's piles of flooring laying out. They started laying flooring in the master bedroom last night and are hoping to do the living room tonight and tomorrow morning. See the table and china cabinet? The owners gave it to us!

One corner of the kitchen. The cabinets are one thing you'd never want to change out in this house. They're beautiful! Have built in spice racks, and the lower cabinets have shelves that roll out!

At the opposite end of the kitchen we have some wall remodel going on. There was a big hutch/cabinet against the wall and when the previous owners moved it, it had a completely different wall paper on it... so, we're going to have a green accent wall... Its now been primed and is ready to be painted.

And that's me, sanding down where the wall paper border had been. Yes, I'm wearing the baby too :-) Only way she would be happy! The room is now painted blue and I love it!  See the closet beyond me? Its a good sized one and lined with cedar. All the closets in the house are lined in cedar.


Through phone calls I've gathered that the day is not going how Josh would have liked. He had to work late and he's the only one with a key to the shed, where the saw for doing flooring is...so even if I did open the house for the flooring guy it wouldn't help much. Sounds like a rough day, a late start, and a long night of flooring! Oh boy! And there's nothing I can do to make it better... makes ya feel kinda stuck. But I guess at least..its not my fault? That's somewhat good right? I best get back to work...and find something to munch on.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Women's 'Ice Skater Suit'

Training Pants (tutorial)

Types of Swimwear Fabric