Long day + new project

I cried my eyes out after a very long day! I should have known not to spend more time in town with 2 very tired little children after swimming lessons. But I extended the trip to include dinner with extended family. I ran errands before dinner to fill in the time ((I didn't know dinner was going to happen today, it was a last minute thing. I decided that I could squeeze it in. Even though I'd not planned, wouldn't get a shower, and didn't even have a hair brush after swimming lessons!)) I showed up to see everyone else had time to make themselves pretty. My kids were exhausted and fussy. The food took forever to get there. I didn't eat much and what I did eat was cold. I was too busy caring for my baby who was not herself after such a long day. Being a mom is hard sometimes. In all we spent 9 hrs away from home today. So hard doing errands when your baby just needs a nap! Thankfully my 3 year old was adamant that she push the baby stroller, and she did a good job! 

So today has been long... I left my house before noon, took a friend dinner, got Chick Fil A, went to swimming lessons, at swimming lessons I learned that dinner with family was planned. I should have known it was best to just go home with my tired babies. Not to mention I was tired from being up since
5am, starting and finishing an order. ((I did the order after I'd first done a test run..so 2 sets of swim bottoms I made this morning)) I'll put pictures of my test run below. I did a test before working on an order. I had 2 customers ask for the under belly band, instead of the over belly band on these maternity swim bottoms. And this was my first try at what they wanted. I hope they like how their stuff turned out. I have the test run, and one of the orders done; still have one pair to go. Maybe tomorrow. Now I need a hot shower and bed.  I'm wore out! Oh and I just remembered that I have someone coming at 10am to try on suits...and my craft room is a mess. But what else would it be right? No, sometimes its quite neat and pretty :-) I'm really tired.. as you can see, there are 2 paragraphs here and parts of them say the same as the other... but my brain is just too tired to put both of them together to make good sense. In other news, its been raining a lot! A crazy amount of rain!!! Now for pictures... 













Now I just have to wait for the buyer to tell me how they liked their swim bottoms.




Comments

  1. Hang in there, friend! I know what it's like to try to do one (or five...) things too many with tired little munchkins. And it feels especially discouraging when everyone else looks all pulled together or their kids are well behaved. I have to regularly remind myself that this is just a season, that the little ones are more important than the other things, that the rewards of having our children are well worth the struggles and challenges...

    I hope today goes a little more smoothly, and that you have a lovely holiday weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Angela :-) You're so sweet! All true I know :-) I need to follow your blog too, you always read mine! <3 I just read yours when I remember to (which is not all that often) Usually when you comment on mine do I remember to go read yours lol! I hope you have a great holiday too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your points are good Steve. I am a baptized, bible believing Christian. But I believe that an 'act' such as 'being baptized with water' is not what saves you. That would be a works based faith. God says that salvation is by grace alone, through faith alone. Baptism is a sacrament, just like communion is a sacrament. God commanded that we do them, so we do. But they are not what saves you. It is the washing of the holy spirit that saves you. It is an internal washing. Baptism is the outward showing of what has happened inside.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Women's 'Ice Skater Suit'

Training Pants (tutorial)

Types of Swimwear Fabric