Rainy Monday

Supposedly we were going to get snow, but its rained all day instead. And I'm just blogging for no reason in particular, other than maybe I felt like it :-) Thought I'd show what I'm up to. I'm usually up to something, but I don't always take the time to post. Not that there's a whole lot going on right now... I do need to start on some custom orders, maybe I'll get some of them cut out this evening. I want to be pattern designing, but I've working on a few personal projects and baby shower gifts. The baby shower gifts are burp cloths and blankets, my usual. I don't have photos of them yet though.. I do have a picture or two of the pajamas though. I cut these out before Christmas and wanted to have them finished by then. But guess what? That didn't quite happen... I started matching PJ's for my girls, and then cut a duplicate pair of 4's for a friend. Said friend has no idea about them, but her sister does :-) 



 I'm making some progress on these today, hopefully I will continue with more progress tonight...



 And this is one of the photos I took earlier of my flannel fabric de-stashing. I just thought it looked cool :-) I'm probably just going to put in my etsy store, since I already have a category marked 'fabric'. Granted, its all been swim fabric up till now, but hey, I don't feel like keeping up with facebook fabric swaps right now. So into a listing it goes!




Other things I'm up to, are just being a mom to two girls. Working with my 4 year old in the schooling that she's learning, which is some pretty basic preschool stuff. I'm actually taking a little step back after realizing that I was pushing too much, too quick. Taking things at a slow and fun pace is what's needed at the moment. I need to be reading to her more, and I need to print out some basic shapes and lines to trace. I skipped over these and went strait to tracing her numbers and letters because I thought surely shapes and lines were too easy. We went through the whole alphabet and she did well with memory, and tracing. But I'm finding that its just going to take time for her little brain to develop all the skills she's going to need. I've observed her at different ages and watched how her brain could do new things as she grew. For example, at one point when she was a toddler, she couldn't figure out that ball that has all the shapes to fit into the holes, and then one day, CLICK! And she was able to do it. Same for puzzles. I knew they'd been difficult for her before age 4, so even when someone would give us puzzles, I would put them away because I knew that they were only frustrating for her. Then one day last week, she asked to pull those puzzles out of the unopened boxes, and she did them, all by herself. They weren't difficult puzzles, but being the mom, I knew her little brain had grown to be able to do new things :-)

 Picture taken with camera phone, so it may not be as clear as my others.




 Its nearly Tuesday, so have a blessed Tuesday!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Women's 'Ice Skater Suit'

Training Pants (tutorial)

Types of Swimwear Fabric