Floral shirt resize!

Last Summer, my sister gave me a woman's shirt size Medium. No one wanted to wear the shirt, but I loved the print! As with any t-shirt I'm given. I look for the possibilities. If its super stretchy and keeps it's shape, I keep it for making panties. (its fun, you should try it!) If its a rib knit type shirt, I keep it for neck, arm, and leg bands. But this one was just pretty, and it was neither stretchy, nor a rib knit.. I wanted to repurpose for my youngest. There's usually enough fabric in a woman's shirt to make a size 2 or 3T shirt. This one was kind of short and I had a difficult time getting all I needed for it. I even had to use a pretty elastic for the neck finish, because I had no decent length of fabric for a neckband. One thing I love about cutting a shirt down in size is that you can keep the original hems! Keep the hem at the bottom of the shirt, and keep the sleeve hems!

Taking a shirt from her wardrobe, I used it as a pattern. (I should take photos of this process sometime and share!) Here are my results :-)













Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Women's 'Ice Skater Suit'

Training Pants (tutorial)

Types of Swimwear Fabric