Baby Play Yard Sheets, Easy 'how to'


Here's an inexpensive and easy idea for Play Yard sheets. I do know how to make fitted sheets but I don't currently have a regular crib, we just use a Graco Play Yard. So here goes. 
 Buy a used top sheet from a thrift store or a garage sale. They'll be broken in and soft. Its easy to find just a top sheet really cheap because you may not find a whole set. I bought a tan top sheet for $4. I took them home and pulled out the mat that sits in the bottom of the play yard. I folded the sheet so there would be a fold for me to place the mat on. I laid down the mat and cut around it, giving myself seam allowances. Be sure to place the mat so that the already hemmed and nice top edge of the sheet is at one end of your mat. Then sew the bottom closed and the side. Very simple, it basically looks like a large pillow case. And the great thing about it is that you don't have to hem it! I am sorry that I didn't take pictures of the process, but I didn't think of posting this until long after I made sheets for baby girl's bed. Here are some pictures of the finished sheets.






 See the nice hem that I simply just left on the top sheet? Nice right :-)


 Baby girl's bed




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Women's 'Ice Skater Suit'

Training Pants (tutorial)

Types of Swimwear Fabric