Long Day

Its been a long day, with lots of work. First the housework...laundry, dishes, floors, baby too. Yesterday I made two batches of salsa, which turned out 12 pints. I started late in the afternoon, around 3pm and didn't finish until nearly midnight!

What's on my mind this evening is my sister's wedding and the sewing she and I are doing for it. She was here today for several hours sewing up a storm. Thankfully, Jubilee was a little angel today! Yay! We're making two bridesmaids dresses and her wedding gown. I'm going through some of the same worries I had when I made my own wedding dress. First there were so many choices and so many ways you could go that it was overwhelming! We've gotten past that part. We have the pattern and fabric and a plan! This is good! But I'm a perfectionist and that makes things so hard, on me especially.

***I cannot give too many details about the dresses lest the Groom to be sees something he's not supposed to and the Bride to be kill me! But I will post pictures after the wedding. In fact...I might even have the blog post already to go and saved in my drafts so I can simply hit publish when I'm free to do so. Yep, that's what I'll do (-:  

 The hard taunting questions I have are these.... Will I go nuts if its not PERFECT?! (I fear, yes) Will it look absolutely gorgeous? Or will it look like a home made dress? (My worst fear! Everyone said mine did not look home made and was amazing...I really hope her's does too!!!) I know everyone will tell me "you'll figure it out" and its nice to see that they have confidence in me..but it doesn't really help me figure things out at the moment lol! I'll be in the thick of it (pulling my hair out) and someone will say "you'll figure it out" and I'm like "I wish you'd just not said that" lol! Terrible isn't it? Oh, another question I have is... What on earth have I done? (it was me who encouraged her to make the dress instead of buying it) Should I have just kept my mouth shut? Would we have been better off if she'd just bought one? :sigh: Right now I do have all these questions and worries but on the other hand I know that I'm getting to spend a lot of time with my sisters that I'd likely not get to other wise. So this is one thing I'm thankful for right now. All the other stuff, I'm stressed out about! 

Tonight I've got to go work on an order so it can ship tomorrow, oh boy! Tomorrow, more salsa! Oh boy! Busy, busy, busy....

Comments

  1. Pictures of your dress when you are not busy please :) And if it's my order - no rush...within limits :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure, I can post pictures of my dress here. I plan on publishing several projects from the past.

      Delete
    2. Hey Ange, I just put up a post on my dress for you. Its here: http://creations-by-savannah.blogspot.com/2012/09/my-wedding-dress.html

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Women's 'Ice Skater Suit'

Training Pants (tutorial)

Types of Swimwear Fabric