Foldover Band (with better pictures)

I've posted about this Foldover Band before, but the pictures I had were not very good at all! This is another option for a waist band which doesn't use elastic, just the stretchy swimwear fabric doubled over into a 3" waist band.



This option is very comfortable, and its really great if you've just had a baby, or if you have a bit of a 'fluffy' middle. This won't cut into the waistline like an elastic band would. Even though I use 3/4" elastic which is a nice thickness, this is even more gentle with the waistline.





Shown here with the nursing top the bottoms were ordered with.


Comments

  1. I love your swim tops and might try out your idea of using a tank - I actually have a pattern for one tucked away that came with a skirt pattern I'd gotten years ago.
    I started making my own swim suit last year and this year I've had even more fun with it as I'm 8 mo pregnant! I used the option you posted here of a stretchy band for the skirt. I LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Women's 'Ice Skater Suit'

Training Pants (tutorial)

Types of Swimwear Fabric