Impressive job by my Mother-in-Love

I'm going to take a minute to bragg on my Mother-in-Love, Jackie, and share some pictures of a swimsuit she made for her Daughter, Amy. Last Spring my Mom and I hosted 2 sewing classes for several friends and family members. I demonstrated one style and my Mom did another. This spring Amy was in need of a suit for camp. With only a few days to spare, Jackie whipped one together. She sent me pictures of the finished work.



I didn't take the time until I was about to write this to ask Jackie how she'd gone about this, since I knew she didn't have a pattern. So I've just gotten off the phone with her. I didn't know if she'd taken the suit Amy had used in the past couple years or if she'd just taken a tank and pair of shorts that fit Amy, and gone by those. She said she had the suit out to look at, but mostly went by a tank and shorts that fit Amy snugly, just as my mom had taught the ladies to do in the sewing class last Spring. This is also how I was taught to make swimwear. Only later did I develop and use patterns.
 Jackie said she'd used a pair of knit shorts from Target, and an under shirt type tank. Jackie also viewed a picture of the girl's ice skater suit to get an idea of how full the skirt was to be. She did a really great job of recalling all the sewing steps, and her work looks very nice! The belt is different than I've seen before. Jackie said Amy had been given a pair of swim bottoms at one point in time which had this scrunching effect. Its cute. I was pretty impressed, and so was my mom.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Women's 'Ice Skater Suit'

Training Pants (tutorial)

Types of Swimwear Fabric