3rd Leggett Married!

Leggett, that would be my maiden name, just in case y'all didn't know. My brother Micah was the 3rd to get married, just 2 weeks ago. Now my Mom only has 6 more to go... lol! 

Months before the wedding, on the joyous day of going to pick out bridesmaids dresses I was invited along, and was largely pregnant with baby #2. It was quite the car ride (ahem, van ride) with 4 expectant ladies and one who was sick a couple of times. Oh boy! Anyway... we'd gone to David's Bridal to seek out bridesmaids dresses. Beckah (the bride to be) had already found her dress, and it was lovely! Now all we needed was to choose dresses for the attendants. There were 4 of them and everyone had their own opinion. They searched for something fairly modest. They'd found one that was pretty decent. Beckah didn't know if she should send Micah a picture to see if he liked the dresses or just buy them... I said to her, "You know, its probably the most modest thing you're going to find here, Micah will probably be fine with them." And since she wanted things to be a surprise to Micah, she bought them and didn't show him a picture.
  A couple months down the road Micah saw one on a bridesmaid as she was modeling it for family, and well, we were wrong... he decided they needed to have jackets/shrugs made. Here's what the dresses looked like before.. 





 By that time it was too late to order them from David's Bridal.... more below...


 

 Micah special ordered the fabric and he actually went into a fabric store and bought a pattern! This would surprise you if you knew him. He was VERY determined. The fabric arrived a few weeks before the wedding and I started sewing on them 2 weeks before the wedding. Turns out I hated the pattern he chose and did a mock up to show the bride just how it would look. There was no sleeve seam, it was just all one bulky piece. Definitely not a formal wear pattern at all.




 (Nothing against him, he did a great job in taking the initiative to buy fabric and a pattern. That's just what the fabric store he went into had to offer, or just what he was able to find I was surprised he was so bold to go searching in a fabric store period, since he's never been one to do that before.) Beckah didn't like the pattern either. So I said "here's what we need to do" and got to work. (I already had in mind exactly how it should look lol! :-))

I chose this pattern (from my stash) to go by and did some designing to get the end result...  


 And here are the finished pictures.. 









Tada! :-)

*BONUS* Picture of the Bride and Groom! Aren't they Cute!? 





Comments

  1. Nice job on the boleros! It really compliments the dress style. I know the guys see different things than we do--I try to check anything I'm not sure about with my husband!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I know, I love how it changed the look of the dress! Guys sure can see things differently. Sometimes I'm surprised when I thought something was just fine and the hubby is like 'Um, I don't think so..." :-)

      Delete
  2. Wow! I am so impressed. This is awesome, what a blessing to hear of a man that has taken a strong stand for modesty. I simply LOVE the finished dress, this may be the most beautiful bridesmaid dress I've ever seen! I praise God for your brother's commitment to modesty, especially on his wedding day. And, his bride is beautiful! I'd love to see more pictures of their special day!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Calen, I could certainly post a few photos that my husband took at the wedding/reception. He was mostly the video man but he also took some pictures. The official pics from the photographer have not been released yet. But I still have a few that I really like from that day! Thank you for your kind words <3

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Women's 'Ice Skater Suit'

Training Pants (tutorial)

Types of Swimwear Fabric