What do you call it?

Cooking. Yes I'm gonna post about cooking. I do have to cook amongst all my sewing after all ;-) I may not post about cooking often, but at least this time... I need a name for this recipe. Please help me out!! What do we call this thing???

My mom used to do this recipe that she called 'Taco Roll Up'. Essentially she would roll out a pizza dough, put taco stuff in it (refried beans, taco seasoned meat, lettuce, tomato, cheese..) and then roll it up. But then the middle never got cooked :-( So she turned it into a big calzone and called it 'Taco Flopo'. I was never wild about the name. I need a new name for this thing! What should it be called?? See ingredients and assembly below.


Ingredients: pizza dough, taco seasoned ground beef with refried beans, lettuce, tomato, and cheese.

description below...






 First it gets rolled out onto a oiled counter.


 Then placed on an oiled pan. (move to pan before decorating!)





 Then you take the remaining dough and 'flop' it over. Crease the edges with a fork and bake!


I guess Taco Flopo is sort of fitting, but its not really a taco is it?? Its more of a burrito since it has refried beans right?

I hadn't made this in about 6 years (I'm guessing here) Hadn't eaten this meal since before I met my husband! So he'd never had it... All of the sudden one evening I was sitting, holding my baby and it hit me! I should make that! So after years of not having it, I gave the recipe a whirl. My first attempt was a failure. I rolled the whole dough out, decorated the entire surface area and then tried to roll it over and lift the heavy thing to the pan. Big mistake! I needed to have moved the dough to the pan, decorated half and then closed up the calzone. But in any case.. my husband and his brother who was here at the time, gave it 2 thumbs up!! So the very next weekend I tried again when my hubby's family was all here. Everybody loved it! Yay! :-) I will add that its great to have a side of sour cream and salsa with this for topping options!!!

Note* I also found that a batch and a half of pizza dough made it nice and thick.

Other note* My husband just walked in the door, saw dinner and gasped "Oh, you are a wonderful woman!" lol! :-)


Comments

  1. Taco pocket or tzone. It looks like a large version of a pzone from Pizza Hut. Looks yummy. I think I'll have to try it. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Women's 'Ice Skater Suit'

Training Pants (tutorial)

Types of Swimwear Fabric