Sewing for me, yay!

 On Tuesday evening I made the mistake of drinking coffee... and not going to bed. I could have gone to bed, I could have made myself lay down and go to sleep. But then, I could stay up too... so I stayed up and worked on orders. When I was finished working on orders I grabbed the new, black, knit fabric which was laying in a heap on the floor. I pulled out a pattern I'd bought months ago, and made the top I've been dreaming about making. When I finished the knit top, I rummaged through my to do bag. (which is always hanging on the back of my sewing chair) (I should take a picture of this bag, my sister made it and I adore it!) In the bag I found a partly taken apart t-shirt, which my Mother-in-Love had given me back in the Spring, I believe. And I finally went through with making a skirt out of it. The turn out was marvelous! So why stop there?? I grabbed more fabric from another heaping pile on the floor and made a second skirt! Somewhere along the sewing path, the sun came up. My girls eventually woke up and we carried on the day. We went around town to do our errands. Take off the trash, go to the bank, and the store, return home to make dinner. (I know there was more to Wednesday than that but its kinda fuzzy now!) **Oh that's right I squeezed in another sewing project before making dinner :-P** By the time I went to bed on Wednesday night I'd been awake for 38 hrs. I slept hard and did not hear hubby leave early in the morning. 

Now today, today has been wonderful. I got the carpets vacuumed, floors swept & washed. My sister, Isabel, was here from 11am to 4pm, and I helped her with some sewing. She took pictures of my new clothes I made, so I can now post for everyone to see :-) My daughter, Jubilee, who hadn't taken a nap all week, chose to take one today. Praise the Lord! And the baby was an angel today. Its been a lovely day. Enjoy the pictures that Isabel took :-) 




My knit top

more below...




  The striped t-shirt, that is now a skirt! :-) 






Wide waistband 





 Second skirt


Wide waistband on this one too!

It was fun and really nice to make something for me for a change. Its been busy around here with my orders, having moved 6 weeks ago, and having 2 kiddos now. I've mostly been sewing orders for other people. Of my projects, there's a nursing top for me that's in pieces, and a suit for Jubilee which is also in pieces. And there's 2 suits (of new design that I'm trying to develop) for 2 local girls who would be models for me. I started them before Spring and still haven't finished :-( So many projects, so little time!! And those are only a few... 

I'm thankful that orders have slowed down at this point, and I'm dreaming up new ways to better manage my swimwear business for the future. I will be staying busy through the Fall and Winter, in prep for the coming year :-)

Comments

  1. Savannah, I think you are one of the most industrious women I know! Go girl!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Women's 'Ice Skater Suit'

Training Pants (tutorial)

Types of Swimwear Fabric