Be my tester, application forum

Upcoming I will be pattern designing. Or rather, the design is already established and I will be making the PDF patterns for it. What I'm doing now is finding people who will be interested in testing patterns. Read on to get all the details.




We're going to start 
 with this style  --->

 In girls first, and then in women's, and after that, very possibly women's plus size and girl's plus size too. That depends on interest, though I think there will be requests for those. I've already had a few people ask for it in women's plus size.


 Now just when is all this to happen? Take a deep breath and be patient :-) Its coming. I wanted to put this forum out ahead of my 'call for testers' which will be coming when I have patterns ready for testing. The reason I am putting this forum out now is that I am afraid that I might be limited on the number of people who want to test swimwear. A lot of people find swimwear too difficult to tackle, or just plain frightening. So I want to make sure to find as many as possible by the time I need testers. If you're interested in testing, please do fill out the forum. The forum is going to give me the information I need to pick my testers. It also will give me your email address so that when I put in a call for testers I can look up the addresses and send out the call! You will find the link to the tester forum below the third photo :-) 


 My lovely friend Jennifer wearing a beautiful blue suit! 


This is me modeling a suit that was shipped to Canada. It was slightly short in the body but so close to my size I just had to model it! :-)



Now, you may be wondering, "What is a tester?" A pattern tester is someone who helps designers make sure their pattern is correct in size and design before it is released for sale. Some designers will have you buy the pattern up front and once you've completed the testing process and provided feedback, you are refunded the cost of the pattern. In other cases the designer simply gifts you the pattern (which may not have all the finishing touches on it yet...) The tester is then to finish the garment in a set amount of time, providing photos of their finished work and feedback on the pattern. If they do not complete the testing, they will not be chosen for future test opportunities. That is probably the route I will go.

If you are unsure about all this PDF stuff, look it up! There are so many people doing this now, its crazy! Look on etsy, search free patterns.. I probably have links to some I could share.. let me see... 


Yes, this one called the Izzy Top is a free pattern. Try it out!  

If you have questions, go on over to the 'contact me' page. I just added that :-)


***edit.. I'm also finding that since I am new to the designing world of PDF sewing patterns that the big promotion/testing groups will not allow me to promote or test anything until I've published 2 patterns and have 10+ positive feedback on my patterns. Makes it kind of difficult to find testers... I've been asking friends and posting in some groups that will allow it. And the mind turns with pattern plans... I must go to bed. Its so late! Er, um, early :-P





















Comments

  1. Yes, its slow, but coming. I had wanted to do another style first but found that it needs revisions first!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Women's 'Ice Skater Suit'

Training Pants (tutorial)

Types of Swimwear Fabric