You can do anything with coffee!

Tuesday got off to a late start for me. I had company at noon, and didn't start my list of sewing things until late afternoon. But once I got going...I just didn't stop! I knew I would need coffee to accomplish my sewing tasks, so I took on 2 before I got into things... and had a 3rd before the night was through!

I think this was the first thing I did. Cut out knit outfits for my girlies. No pattern, just free handed, going by existing garments. Like my Mama taught me! :-)







From there I went to my mending/alterations pile and knocked out quite a few. Mostly my daughter's things. Pants need darts in the waist. A buttonhole on the shirt had come undone. Threads had popped in one place on the polka dotted panties. She took a pair of scissors to the hem of the pink shorts, so I had to cut and re-hem them. Now they're good for wearing under dresses I suppose. And in he bottom corner is a skirt for me (hopefully) I'll have to find a steel blue top to go with it. Then we'll see if its an okay style for me, or not...? About the skirt, I'll fess up.. I actually, kinda went dumpster diving for that one... but no, it wasn't in a dumpster. There's a spot at the dump where people will leave furniture/old toys/home goods/etc.. and one day it was apparent that someone had held a yard sale, and everything that didn't sell, was set at the dump. There were clearly 2 large black bags full of clothing.. so I grabbed them, took them home, and dumped them all in a pile on my back porch. I did end up throwing 1/3 of it back into the trash, because it really did need to be dumped. But some things, I couldn't believe were thrown away!!? I found 3 raincoats, one was a carter's size 3, perfect fit for my girl. Looked brand new! I also found a hot pink rain coat for me, looks perfect! And the last one was a size 2X.. since I didn't know who would fit that one, I gave it to a clothing swap. There were more things, some that seemed brand new, and I gave them to people I knew that they would fit. Dumpster diving is a little undignified, yes...but I would probably do it again ;-)


This one was a shirt that came with jeans and a sweater. When I took the sweater off the shirt, I couldn't believe how short the body was! I'm going to use this coordinating fabric from another t-shirt, to give it a nice gathered blouse below the chest. It will be an adorable tunic! I'll post a pic when its done! Will probably do it sometime next week.  I got the blue t-shirt from the clothing swap, just to use for up-cycle because the fabric was polka dots! :-)


From there I called a friend for some info. Her sister is getting married and I needed to know what colors she likes! I pulled some coordinating fabrics out for pot holders. So far, just the tops are put together. So that's part of the bridal shower gift :-) All of these fabrics were given to me by an elderly couple who loved auctions. I bought some things from them, and they gave me the fabrics for free! :-)



After all those different projects, I started on what I was supposed to be doing... (all you crafters (and procrastinators) know what I'm talking about!) A swimsuit that was on order, and needing to be done. It was past midnight when I started this project that would take several hours.. But I did it, I cut it out, put the major seams together, and did all the finishes in one night..er, morning?? I know its just one photo, of one project..but trust me, it took hours! lol! I went to bed just after 5am, and slept till just after 8am, when baby girl woke up. I did take some nice photos of this suit outdoors. I'll post them laterz!


Now I'm going to have to follow up on all the unfinished projects I've shown lol!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Women's 'Ice Skater Suit'

Training Pants (tutorial)

Types of Swimwear Fabric