Memories of Valentines


In 2010 my 'then' suitor Josh, (now Husband) had asked me to a Valentines Swing Dance. I made a dress for the occasion and his mother made him a matching vest. I thought with Valentines coming up I'd make a post with pictures :-) What could be more fun?!


I used a vintage ADVANCE pattern.


Pattern found on Etsy. I love Etsy! I also found my Sister's Wedding Dress Pattern on Etsy.   

~*~


First I made a mock up in cotton fabrics...



 Later I took better outdoor pictures.









After the mockup, I knew all the adjustments that needed to be made for the actual dress I'd be wearing to the dance. 


Pictures were taken by my friend Tasha :-)





 It was later that evening I got my first "I Love You" from Josh <3 Two weeks later we were engaged to be married!  *I am hoping to wear the dress for a Valentines Dance again this year. And yes, it still fits...even after baby :-)















Comments

  1. Very pretty! You are so slim. That is great you got back down to your pre-baby size. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That dress is awesome! I've made several Vogue patterns and they are definitely a challenge, well done.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Women's 'Ice Skater Suit'

Training Pants (tutorial)

Types of Swimwear Fabric