Bell's Wedding Wear

In the beginning I found an amazing looking pattern and showed it to my sister who was playing with the idea of making her own wedding dress (with my help of course). She loved the pattern and so we ordered it. We also decided that the bridesmaids (Anna and I) would use the same patten but change the style a bit and make ours shorter. This would he a bit tricky since the pattern only came in one size and it was the Bride's size. 
The pattern showed the bride's dress having a lace overlay in the picture, and so naturally this is what we thought we were going to do for Isabel's gown. When we arrived at Joann's and Isabel saw the sparkly fabric they had she was immediately drawn to it. Our plan quickly changed and formed into a new one. The brides maids were to be decked out in RED, oh my! It didn't hit me until we had my dress mostly done that I was going to have a RED dress! I'd never had a red dress before..unless you count the one time I wore one for going away at my wedding. Okay, back to sewing... I'll start by putting pictures of the Bridesmaid's dresses being constructed in here...oh, but of course, the pattern comes first so you can get an idea of what the end result will look like.

 
Vintage 1950s Sweetheart Wedding Dress Pattern - Simplicity 2066 - Empire Waist - Wing Collar Jacket - Size 16; Bust 34"

 * Isabel working on pinning the altered pattern to the red satin fabric.
*Jubilee had to get in on the action. She was so sweet, she wouldn't touch it because we told her not to...so she sat there waving her arms excitedly!


Working in my living room. We have Jennifer at the ironing board. She was great help with some of the hand stitching we had to do. Me and then Bell. We also have folded laundry sitting on the floor? :-P


 All the girls, hard at work!


  Bell sewing and entertaining Jubilee at the same time. 




 So that was us working on the RED stuff, now for a few pictures of the WHITE stuff....




Pleats at the back of the Bride's dress. 








 Determining the length of the dress.


You can see the pleats at center back pretty well here. 




 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*ONTO THE WEDDING DAY*

 

Getting Dressed...

 Bride and Mother of the Bride


 Beautiful <3


 With the Jacket on..


Looping our buttons :-)


 Outdoor pictures :-)


* SISTERS *







 ~ Favorite ~


 Lovely Bride <3


 Daddy with all his girls <3


~ Ceremony ~


































That's All Folks!!!  :-)

Comments

  1. Beautiful! You girls did a lovely job on the dresses and the wedding day looks so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Savannah I'm so impressed with the lovely modesty and class you ladies display...I appreciate it so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the lovely comment Beth (assumes Beth was speaking) :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Women's 'Ice Skater Suit'

Training Pants (tutorial)

Types of Swimwear Fabric