Jubilee's *Button Story*

 This isn't really a sewing/project post but since it was related to items you'd use in crafts I figured I'd post it here too :-)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


In October my sister Isabel got married. It was a lovely outdoor wedding with the reception in a great big barn! There were three photographers that day, and they got some great shots! My husband, Josh, was one of the photographers. The day after the wedding (Sunday) Josh and I were looking through wedding pictures in the office. Our little daughter, Jubilee,  (12.5 months) was playing contentedly in the living room with a jar of buttons I'd given her. A little while later Jubilee came crawling in to see us, just as happy as ever. Shortly after Jubilee came in to see us, I went out to the living room (for some reason I can't remember..) and I screamed when I saw buttons scattered all over the floor! Josh came when he heard me yell, and I said "I have no way to know if she ate any!" I was distressed to be sure. But there was nothing to do but wait... :sigh: 

On Monday morning there were buttons in Jubilee's diaper, at least five of them! I could see a bright green one lol! However I was not going to look further! Monday evening I was at my friend Tasha's house and told her the button story, she couldn't believe it! When I arrived back home later Monday night there were again, more buttons in Jubilee's diaper! O_o The next morning...for the last time, there were still more buttons!!! I texted Tasha and said "She's still pooping buttons!!" I estimate she ate about 20 buttons! My mom and inlaws got a big kick out of the story, as does everyone else who is told of Jubilee's 'Button Story'.








In the end it was rather funny, but oh my word!! What a child. I've said, "So, what we learned here is that Jubilee is dumb enough to eat buttons! Great!" :-P And what does that say about me? What kind of mom am I that I would let her eat buttons? I still can't believe it! The lid had been on the jar, she would have had to unscrew it! Absolutely crazy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Women's 'Ice Skater Suit'

Training Pants (tutorial)

Types of Swimwear Fabric