Oh darn!

Sad news... Last night I washed my barn dance dress and I guess it was the first time I had done that. When I pulled it out of the dryer I could tell it had shrunk! That was stupid. I should have either washed the fabric before I made the dress or air dried it last night. It had been 2 years since I made it and I guess I just didn't remember if I'd washed it or not :-( Now I'll have to make another before next year :-( I loved that fabric! Maybe I could find a similar one? I did get to wear it to 2 barn dances, and one thanksgiving, so at least I hadn't *just* made it. That would really stink. So now I'm in *what to do* mode. 


 2012

I wouldn't mind a teal blue/turquoise with brown dress.. but that probably wouldn't go well with whatever Josh is wearing..unless its like a solid brown? Or maybe it'd be fine. Or maybe I shouldn't worry about it and go with whatever I think would make a cute dress?


 2012




 2014



 I've had this corn cob fabric laying around for years. Its cool looking but I don't know that it would make a good barn dance dress. Maybe it looks a little silly/corny? *no pun intended*

Josh says its slightly silly. And its terribly hard to match the colors in it. Maybe I should just look for a new fabric... Opinions/thoughts for a new color scheme? I'd like to keep my style if I can :-) 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Women's 'Ice Skater Suit'

Training Pants (tutorial)

Types of Swimwear Fabric