Saved by my FB groups again!

Earlier this morning I posted about shrinking a favorite dress.. I had also posted in a sewing group on Facebook. Its called 'Sewing It Up - Sewing for Beginners'. I'm not a beginner by any means. I had applied to this group while I was waiting to be approved to some other group...and they were taking a while. I didn't expect to stay in the group, I was simply curious and wanted to take a look around. I haven't spent a lot of time there really.. But I tell you that I didn't expect to learn things from a group that was labeled "for Beginners" Its truly not just for beginners. Everyone helps each other out and its fun learning from each other! I know sometimes FB groups can take up time but lately they've saved me so much work its incredible. A guy in one group told me how to get the dumb pop ups off my computer, and I had a add-free computer in 20 minutes! Totally awesome!
 Back to posting in the 'Sewing It Up' group... This was the turn out:

One comment said:  "oh my i hate when that happens. how much did it shrink, maybe ironing it will help. you did a good job making it by the way."



 So I asked: So is it possible to wet it again and stretch it out???

Several comments later I got an answer to that question: "Savannah Carty, one way to tell. I would dampen the dress...really damp but not dripping...then press it, stretching it in the direction you need it to go, until is it dry. For instance, to make it longer, press and gently stretch while ironing from waist toward hem. To see if the bodice will stretch, press/stretch from center to side seams. Sometimes it will work, depending on fabric used." 

I have to say it worked quite well and I will not have to make another dress for next year, because I'll still be wearing this one! :-)





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Women's 'Ice Skater Suit'

Training Pants (tutorial)

Types of Swimwear Fabric