I can't clean my craftroom because...





So true!!! Here is what I was distracted by on Sunday night... The Hubby suggested we go through boxes in our guestroom, and by the end of the night, I was sewing!!! 

I have boxes of fabrics for up-cycling into different things. You may find an old dress of mine, or a skirt, shirts, pants.. some of which were ruined by a stain and I figured I'd turn the good fabric into something else 'one day'... If not using for clothing, for making fabric flowers!!! :-) Also, you'll find clothing pieces that I mean to alter, regular clothes I meant to turn into maternity. Or like a short skirt that I want to add fabric to the bottom of, to make a new skirt. Such were the skirts and fabric I found on Sunday night... 


 Skirts I found...  or pieces of skirts I found...

 This had been a skirt of mine, and I'd cut off the bottom. It had some rather interesting/strange pleats in the skirt, but they had never laid right, and they had begun to come un-stitched!


These next 2, I found at a local clothing swap and picked them up for repurposing, since I thought they were not long enough as they were! And besides, they could use some flair! ;-) This one is a girl's size 12. I grabbed it specifically for my little Sister-in-Love. She's a 14 slim and I'm guessing this will work for her.


This is a girl's size 3



This is the fabric I found.. it had been a skirt. There were 6 of these very full panels in it. It was ridiculously full!



I cut some length off of each of the skirts, so the attached skirt would hit where I wanted it. I cut circle shaped, flaring bottoms for all 3 skirts, and pulled out a few pieces of trim. 




 The skirt was already hemmed, so all I had to do was sew up the side seams :-)



 Annnnd... here's my turnout! :D :D :D :D



 I've been wanting something to go with this deep orange shirt for a long time! BIG thank you to my neighbor who took these pictures of me! She did a great job!!



Here's the girls' skirts! 


 Cute huh? :D





 This skirt for Amy... well, she's just going to have to learn that her birthday comes whenever I feel like sewing for her. She may not get anything for her actual birthday, since you never know when inspiration is going to strike! I may not have the energy, inspiration, or time around her actual birthday...and so she'll get random gifts when I do have the energy and inspiration :-)





 ~*~

Oh, and just in case anyone was wondering what the brown skirt looked like before I cut it up.. it looked just like this black one. This one held its shape better so I don't have plans to cut it up. Found these at Walmart years ago. Was totally surprised! Skirts in Walmart?! And modest skirts at that?! Wow! Just had to buy them :-) They were only like $10.00 each!













Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Women's 'Ice Skater Suit'

Training Pants (tutorial)

Types of Swimwear Fabric