Foldover Band

One of my recent customers, a lady who lives in Isreal, asked me to try a new waistband. She was a repeat customer from last year. She's been pregnant last Summer and ordered one of my maternity suits. This was her feedback for that suit:

"Hi there,
Thanks for following up.
I received the suit last week and wore it to the pool on Friday.
It fits well with plenty of room to grow.
So far I am very satisfied with the product and would recommend it to my friends.
Thanks again,
Tamar"

 (July 1st 2012)

So this year, after baby, she was thinking she didn't want the elastic band at the waist. I get that, the elastic band, especially if you have a 'fluffy' middle will cut into the waist and might be uncomfortable. She asked me for a band of fabric, sort of like I did for the maternity, but not :-) At first I told her I'd not done that before and that I'd probably just do the 3/4" elastic band. But afterwards I got to thinking and gave it a whirl. She was so close to my size I was able to try it out on me. Now I had terrible lighting for the pictures of that project, so the photos didn't turn out too good. But I will post them just the same.








I wrote to Tamar and asked how she liked the bottoms, but I haven't received a reply yet. But I also didn't get a complaint, so...I'm assuming she liked them :-)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next suit I tried this on was one for my mom. I didn't measure her waist before hand, just went by a guess. It turned out okay but would have been better if the band was a little more snug. But seeing as we can put a dart in the back of the waist, its not a big issue. Here are pictures of her bottoms, one with a flash and one without....





I like the band idea and will be working to get it down to a science (size wise) :-)



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Women's 'Ice Skater Suit'

Training Pants (tutorial)

Types of Swimwear Fabric