Try-out: shelf lining+bra cups in swimsuit


 So, I was asked a few weeks ago to put a lining in a swimsuit. The customer did not want to wear a bra with the suit, and thought it would be just fine without only the lining. However, I knew better than that. It wouldn't work, not ever..simple as that. Come on ladies..who hasn't gone swimming and afterward been cold? What happens when you're cold??? Well, obviously you show through...

 A couple years ago I bought a 'Stop the Show' bra from 'Lily of France'. That bra is awesome! No way you're gonna show through, even if you were an icicle! I don't understand how most swimwear takes care of this issue, in my opinion it doesn't really...even ones with thin cups don't do a good job. 

  I'd considered once before putting a bra in a suit when someone had asked for it, but I shrugged it off when my mom said "Don't do that, its not worth the hassle" :-) But... this time I was sorta feeling like I wanted to try it out. So I asked the customer/lady if she would like to be my guinea pig for the project. She said she'd love to! I told her that I wasn't sure exactly how much support it would be but she was thrilled and didn't care how it turned out, so long as she was modest. 
  
 Eh, In any case I'll stick to wearing a bra with mine. But for everyone else who insists on having a lining, and cups.... Well, we'll get to that, just give me time :-) This one turned out really good. Take a gander at the pictures and see what you think... 




These cups are a DD, which is the largest size I found in the fabric store that I went to. Now, I like them pretty well, but I'd like to look for something a little less pointy if I were to do this again.





I turned the suit inside out so everyone could get a clear idea of what it looks like on the inside. This picture is gonna save me a lot of work when it comes to people asking what the inside of the suit looks like...now I just show them the picture instead of trying to explain it!








Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Women's 'Ice Skater Suit'

Training Pants (tutorial)

Types of Swimwear Fabric