Gag gift for baby shower

For my friend Hannah's shower, I had an idea hit me when I read on the invitation that she did not want anyone to buy her disposable diapers because she was going to do cloth diapering. Just as I read that, it hit me. (me, the person who didn't do cloth diapers) I had a few empty diaper boxes that I'd kept. I thought it would be a good prank to wrap her gift in one of the diaper boxes. Ahahahaha! So mean >_< 

I made several goodies, and of course, I took pictures. I also took photos while I packed the box :-)



 This was my first no-sew blanket. With just one tip about the corners from my friend Brittney at the fabric store, I was off and running. It was a refreshing project since I didn't have to sit at the sewing machine..where I already spend so much time.





 Here's the box!!
I put some scraps in the bottom to weight it down..hoping that it would give it enough weight to make it seem believable as a box of diapers. 
 Then went in the blanket...


 Then the Bibs...


 and the little sensory Tugg&Teethe thing I made....


 Last were a few little onsies... 
When Hannah opened the box, her smile was like plastered on her face. I could just imagine what was going through her mind "I can't believe she bought diapers when I specifically asked everyone not to." I made sure to sit near her so I could tell her that it wasn't diapers and that it was a gag gift. She laughed; it was a good gag :-) 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A few weeks later I got around to finishing the burp cloths I'd cut out. They're very manly burp cloths. Daddy won't have any qualms about using these :-) 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Women's 'Ice Skater Suit'

Training Pants (tutorial)

Types of Swimwear Fabric