Mother - Daughter Suits


This was an order for Mother and Daughter suits.


In this photo, the black skirt is not actually the bottoms that were ordered with the suit...its just a skirt that makes a perfect photo prop, no matter which top I put with it :-) 

And the top, just like the little girl's scrunch top, without ties... I've done it with a woman's size too...  The reason I came up with not having ties on a girl's suit was my imagining that children would play with the strings. That they might easily become untied, or pulled on, even become a hazard in the water. You never know with kids! Anyway, I've taken that same idea and applied it to an adult's top. Not for the same reasons though. The reasons I tried an adult's top is in theory it was going to be easier to construct than the original scrunch top, and in theory it would take less fabric, because I knew it took some less to do it this way. Well, the using less fabric thing didn't pan out like I thought it would, at least it didn't make as big a difference as I had hoped. And I'm still fine tuning the making process. Though it does seem to be a simpler design. The only thing with this one, is that the length is not adjustable. I guess its all in how you prefer it!







This one had lining in only the chest, and in the front. I've tried a few different ways. Either a whole shelf lining in front and back, or a full front lining. I'm liking the full front lining at this time. At least that is the simplest, most strait forward way of going about it.
 This original style done first by my Mother, many years ago, now appropriately named for her, the Donna Marie.



As always, thanks for reading and looking! :-) Have a blessed day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Women's 'Ice Skater Suit'

Training Pants (tutorial)

Types of Swimwear Fabric