A suit for Christmas

Each Christmas we draw names with my husband's family for Christmas. This year I got my Sister in love, Amy. She's the only girl in the family, and being a girl myself, I like it when I can draw either her, or my Mother in love. Its just more fun for me to get to think of something girly to give! I decided to make her a new swimsuit. I knew she had grown a lot (mostly in height) and would need a new suit for the coming Summer. Her mom made her last suit and did a really good job! I knew a suit was going to be a good deal of work, but it would also make a great gift! I had 2 pieces of scrap fabric, where there was just enough to squeeze this out. And the best part was, that they went together pretty good!!





I know it doesn't look quite right on my size 8 dress form. And there's a reason for that. Though Amy measured a perfect size 8, she was a perfect size 8 in everything but height. At a 60" tall, she hits the height for a size 14. I had to bunch the top even more than it was, for it to look anywhere near right on the dress form. It still looks a little long for it. Since I'm still experimenting with this style, I hoped that I got the length right for Amy. 



And what do you know?? It turned out perfect!! 



See what I mean? Tall and slender! Wears a 14 slim because of her height, but in all other respects, she measures an 8! Talk about trying to throw me off lol! I was just happy it fit her right! :-) 






Scrunchables! Love it! So this is my new girl's design that I've been working on. It coming along!








Comments

  1. Amy LOVED, LOVED, LOVED the suit! What a huge gift that was. And I think it's downright amazing that you made a suit for such a hard-to-fit young lady with just her measurements to go by!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, it looks darling on her! The colors are so pretty with her red hair, too. Looks like my build when I was around that age--all my pants were too short! Luckily colorful scrunch socks were "in".... :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Women's 'Ice Skater Suit'

Training Pants (tutorial)

Types of Swimwear Fabric