Empire Maternity Suit

Oops...I meant to post this before the Under Armor Style! :roll: Oh well...

The Empire Maternity Swimsuit

We found we were expecting in February of 2011, this meant I'd have a rather round middle by the summer time. Of course I was thinking ahead to making me a suit. I've made swimwear for 6-7 years now but had never made a maternity suit. I had ideas...ones that didn't look anything like what my mom wore when expecting some of my younger siblings though lol! Suffice it to say, my first plan didn't work out so well. It turned into this. My regular suit top worked well to a certain point...just below the bust. I liked the idea of a solid band at the under bust and then added a gathered/pleated skirt, a belly skirt, much like the skirt in the Original Style Suit. The bottoms were a little complicated. All one piece, the pants, skirt and belly band, all together. They are extremely comfortable and I loved them!! This first suit didn't have quite enough room to carry me through the pregnancy but it was so cute :-) I made a second suit, with a fuller skirt that worked really well. Not to mention I loved the fabric! It was butterflies! :-) See pictures below...































7 1/2 months


The Bottoms



Up next is the Rouched Maternity Suit

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Women's 'Ice Skater Suit'

Training Pants (tutorial)

Types of Swimwear Fabric