Introduction

Hello Everyone,

My name is Savannah and I think I have finally found something that I can blog about! My passion for sewing and making things!
 I have had a blog before but I didn't do anything with it. Like wise my journals, I have never kept one. Its sad, I've wanted to, but just could not stick with it. I have recently found that blogging is not near as hard as I had previously thought. So I am going to give this a whirl! I started this morning by posting a note on my facebook page. I realized that things like that should be posted in my blog too. This one is just getting off the ground though, I only opened it up yesterday.

I would like everyone to know a little bit about me.

First I am a follower of Christ and loved by Him to no end. He has given me a great imagination and talent...among many other wonderful things :-) I am the oldest of nine children, all of us born, raised, and schooled at home by our wonderful mother. A mother who taught us many things. One of the things she passed to me was her talent of sewing. Dad gave me my first sewing machine at age ten and I have been sewing since then. I learned on my own for a bit, mom slowly taught me little things to build my skills. I had a quilting teacher between 14 and 16. She taught me much and I use those skills in all areas of my sewing, even if I'm not making a quilt. I decided at 16 that I wanted to learn how to make the modest swimwear that my mom had been making for us since I was two.
 At 18 I went to work for my Dad who owns a commercial contracting company. Eventually be came a foreman and learned much. Wore a tool belt and a hard hat in those days :-)
 Met my husband on October 20th, 2009 at swing dance, he's a great swing dancer :-) We were married on August 7th, 2010. And we have a baby girl who was born to us on October 20th 2011. God is good!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Women's 'Ice Skater Suit'

Training Pants (tutorial)

Types of Swimwear Fabric