Women's Original Style

I'm going to make a series of posts that tell about the different styles of swimwear I make or have made in the past. There will also be several pictures for example. We'll start with the 'Original' in women's and then in girl's sizes.

 The Women's Original Suit was a tank that went to the natural waistline. It was not closely fitted. There was a belt of doubled fabric at the waist, and this belt was snug; snug enough to hold everything in place and keep it from moving. Then attached to the belt was a semi-gathered skirt that came to about finger-tip length. Spandex shorts were worn underneath this tank-dress, and they were separate from the top. Elastic was in the waist of the pants. See pictures below....



My Lovely Friend Jennifer modeling the Original Style, with one exception... the skirt was cut more aline for this one, rather than a rectangle that was gathered/pleated to the belt. 2012




Older Photos


Isabel at the lake.


I would have to say, that for women, this is the least commonly made style these days.




 This was mom's printed pattern. As you can see, the suit on the left has what we called a 'Bib' and the second suit does not. It was all a matter of preference. The 'Bib was for those who may be self conscious in a swimsuit that was fitted enough to show the shape of their chest.



Mom's model, Mrs. Rocky Beene


The 'Original' style for girls is my next post...

Comments

  1. Thank you for the inspiration! I bought my material but don't know how I want to sew it.....the main reason I am writing is that I am friends with Jennifer too!! Well, he brother is really good friends with my fiance. ☺

    Iris♥
    The Blue Birdhouse
    Feminine Modesty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well hi Iris! If you live close and have interest in sewing swimwear that's great! I'm strapped for time at the moment (this year is going to be crazy with a new baby, us building a house *Lord willing in a couple months* and my brother getting married in August) but I would like to give a sewing class at some point, like my mom and I have done once in the past, and the topic was swimwear. I was thinking about how I wanted to do that again and wondered who else might have interest in taking a class...who also lived near enough to come? I want the topic to be swimwear, but mom seems to want a simpler project. So we'll see what happens. I wish I could do one this year, but it might be next year before we get to it :-( Maybe I could get to meet you through Jen and we could find time to sew together some day. I would be happy to answer any sewing questions. Send me an email at creationsbysavannah@gmail.com if you want to keep in touch!

      Delete
  2. Can we buy these suits from you? If so how much? constance1990tony@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Women's 'Ice Skater Suit'

Training Pants (tutorial)

Types of Swimwear Fabric